Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Anything Goes Challenge No. 15

Welcome back for Challenge No. 15 - Anything Goes! How wonderful! :) This week, our sponsor is The Paper Shelter!
Don't forgot to pop in tomorrow and visit to read all about last week's winners and DT Favorites!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From our Home to another. That's what I feel when I´m working in our images and they travel electronically to other homes of the world. I feel lucky with this job. It's wonderful to make a living doing what I love. It's like playing, like when I was a child and I was filled with illusion because I had a new coloring book. Of course that is not the same. There are more responsibilities. But although this is more serious, I try to never lose the illusion behind what I do. I really like it, I enjoy it, however this is not always as easy as it seems. In everything we do we put all our efforts. It is a small family business, which was growing a lot over time. If you knew the story behind each picture! Some came easily and without obstacles, others cost a lot, and why not with some frustration too! That's not something you say, but it's true. Trust me! Sometimes I get a little picky and I begin to see hair in the soup everywhere. But at some point, the drawing put back on track and I begin to flow with it. Pedro makes the drawings in the old school way: pencil and paper. By now we have many more folders with pictures than family albums! ;o) I do all the digital inking, the coloring and I take care of almost everything related to the store, design, administration, etc. And trust if I tell you this is not disproportionate. Without Pedro’s drawings the store simply could not exist. 
Something that I love about this job is that I think it represents a good time to the other. Well I hope so! Haha! I can imagine to our customers, our team and some other teams printing the files and painting the picture for some challenge, for some design team, for some craft for a special occasion or just because they feel like. That's the best reason by the way. So, sell something (big or tiny) that represents a moment of pleasure, of relaxation, of amusement sounds really good, don't you think? That's what I feel most of the time when I'm working!
Since 2005, more or less, I'm doing digital images. I had another shop, before having "The Paper Shelter". I sold other types of products always painted with my beloved Wacom tablet and with the indispensable help of Photoshop (my main working tool). I was lucky to be published in books, magazines and collectible card games when I used to make digital paintings, but although I am proud of it, those things have not been the most important things to me over the years. The ego never was my best adviser and once you are able to take control of yourself you can focus in the most important thing: Put all your energies and love in what you like, give the best from you, share with people and forget a little bit of the goals and achievements. Ironically, this most innocent attitude has always lead me to more prosperous places.

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina with my lovely family, my husband Pedro and our beloved son Gabriel. I absolutely self-taught and I always tried to improve my skills in order to provide nice and high quality products to my clients. I’m not trying to be the best, I jus try to involved with what I do and fill it with good energy. And by the way… I’m Veronica. Thanks for reading :o) Yes, yes; english is not my native language, so be gentle and skips all the mistakes ;o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out the fabulous projects the DT have created using The Paper Shelter images!
AMY
using Capture The Moment
BEVERLEY
using Beauty Treatment
BILLIE
using Capture the Moment
DIANE
using The Music Practice
DIANNE
Using Winter Blossom TPS
EMA
using Capture the Moment
HAZEL
using Winter Blossom
IVY
using It's Tea Time


using Capture the Moment
LYNN
using Winter Blossom TPS
LYNN
using Capture the Moment
MICHELLE
Using Capture the Moment

 MICHELLE
using Winter Blossom
 WENDY
using Capture the Moment
WENDY
using Winter Blossom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a weekly challenge and you have until Tuesday, midnight, CST USA to enter your project.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects from the team and what fun images to work with.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration from the team. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another challenge. Lovely cards by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous DT Creations! Love the images used! Love Wendy's with that gorgeous fan! Wow!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments!